Fire (Ukiah Valley Fire Authority)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Polices & Procedures
- Employment Process
- Exceptional Employees Program
- Human Resources Department
- Job Descriptions
- Job Opportunities
- Memorandum of Understandings (MOU’s)
- Personnel Rules & Regulations
- Public Comments
- Salary Schedules By Bargaining Unit
- State Controller’s Local Government Compensation Reports
Office of Emergency Management
Successor Agency/ Oversight Board
Solid Waste Disposal
Location & Hours
Ukiah Valley Transfer Station & Recycling Buy Back Center
3151 Taylor Drive
Ukiah, CA 95482
Open 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Saturday (Closed Sundays)
Please call 707-234-6400 to check for holiday hours of operation.
-South on State Street to Plant Road
-East on Plant Road
-South on Taylor Drive to the Transfer Station.
Self-Haulers from the following areas are permitted to use the Ukiah Valley Transfer Station:
- Redwood Valley
- Potter Valley
- Philo (Anderson Valley)
- Ukiah Valley (from Calpella to Burke Hill)
Other residents are encouraged to use their local transfer station. Self-haulers are defined as haulers other than franchised or permitted commercial garbage collector/haulers.
Curbside Garbage Collection Service
For residents within the City limits, garbage collection is handled by the City’s franchise waste hauler: Ukiah Waste Solutions, phone: 707-234-6400, www.candswaste.com
- Household trash, yard waste (leaves, grass cuttings, and branches), and recyclables are collected at the curb side.
- Yard Waste – all material must be placed in the cart and the lid must close. Four-foot long bundles tied with twine, placed outside the cart are only allowed during the fall and spring special green waste collection weeks.
- Recyclables must be placed in containers provided by Ukiah Waste Solutions. Newspaper, cardboard, paperboard, tin cans, aluminum cans, plastic containers, glass, and office paper may be recycled at the curb side.
Sign Up for Service:
Recycling and diversion are encouraged by the City. Recycling of the following items is available at the Ukiah Valley Transfer Station at no cost to the customer.
- Newspapers and Magazines
- Office Paper
- Tin Cans and Aluminum Cans
- Cardboard including paperboard, box board, and brown paper bags
- Glass, no window panes
- Plastic #1-#7
- Rigid Plastic (5-gallon buckets, kiddie pools, toys, laundry baskets)
For more information regarding recycling go to: www.candswaste.com
Food & Yard Waste
Mixed Organic Waste /
Green Waste Collection
The City of Ukiah and Ukiah Waste Solutions make it easy to recycle your food and yard waste. Simply put your kitchen food scraps in your green cart with your yard waste. These materials are processed into compost and used on local farms and landscapes.
Place these materials together in your green cart to help the local composting effort:
- Food Scraps
- Meat, poultry, fish, & bones
- Coffee grounds & filters
- Food soiled paper
- Pizza boxes
- Food soiled paper plates, cups, napkins, & paper towels
- Brush & prunings
- Grass clippings & weeds
- Small unpainted & untreated lumber
- Garden & house plants
- Branches less than 4″ in diameter, cut to fit loosely in container
In order to guarantee the best rate, please separate your load into the following groups
- Yard Waste
- Wood Waste (unpainted, untreated wood, plywood, standard tempered hardboard, and sheetrock)
- 2014 Solid Waste Systems, Inc. Transfer Station Rate Schedule
- 2014 Ukiah Waste Solutions, Inc. Pickup Service Rate Schedule
- Ukiah Waste Solutions, Inc. Pickup Service Rate Schedule – PROPOSED
- Payment accepted: Cash, Check, Credit Card
- All volumes computed in cubic yards will be rounded to 1/10 cubic yard increments
- A cubic yard is the size of a box, 3 feet on each side
- Self-haulers are defined as haulers other than franchised or permitted commercial garbage collector/haulers.
- No Ash
- No contaminated soil
- No tree stumps larger than 18-inches
- No concrete larger than 2ft. x 2ft. x 2 in.
Curbside Collection-Ukiah Waste Solutions
Transfer Station- Solid Waste Systems
Hazardous Waste Disposal- Mendocino Solid Waste Management Authority