- Adult Sports
- Contact Info
- Grace Hudson Museum
- Job Opportunities
- Live Scan Services
- Moonlight Movie Madness
- Observatory Park
- Parks & Facilities
- Parks and Recreation
- Parks, Recreation, and Golf Commission
- Recreation Classes
- Sundays in the Park Free Concert Series
- Ukiah On Ice
- Ukiah Valley Conference Center
Fire (Ukiah Valley Fire Authority)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Polices & Procedures
- Employment Process
- Exceptional Employees Program
- Human Resources Department
- Job Descriptions
- Job Opportunities
- Memorandum of Understandings (MOU’s)
- Personnel Rules & Regulations
- Public Comments
- Salary Schedules by Bargaining Unit
- State Controller’s Local Government Compensation Reports
Office of Emergency Management
Successor Agency/ Oversight Board
Downtown Streetscape Improvement Project
This project will provide streetscape improvements in downtown Ukiah on State Street, Perkins Street, and Standley Street, including sidewalk widening, curb ramps and bulb outs, street lights, street furniture and tree planting. The project also includes a road diet between Henry Street and Mill Street that will transform the existing four-lane cross section into a three-lane cross section with one travel lane in each direction and a two way left-turn lane in the center with on-street parking maintained. In addition to the road diet, signal modifications will be made at each of the three signalized intersections (Standley Street, Perkins Street, and Mill Street) to provide vehicle detection, improve coordination and re-orient the signal equipment to support the road diet alignment. This work will also include a pavement overlay, striping, and pavement markings.
FAQ + Project Information
- Jan 17, 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
- May 9, 2019 Downtown Ukiah Streetscape Project, Presentation
What Area Does the Project Cover?
The total project area spans State Street from Henry Street to Mill Street and Standley and Perkins Streets from School to State Street.
- An environmental review phase (completed in 2016)
- A design phase (in 2016-19, where we solicited public input)
- Construction in 2020
For on-going updates please subscribe to the mailing list.
Public Notices + Community Forums
- March 12, 2020 - Downtown Ukiah Streetscape Project: Community Forum
- Feb 19, 2020 - Downtown Ukiah Streetscape Project: Construction Bid Award
- Feb 19, 2020 - Downtown Utility Upgrade: Bid Award
- Nov 6, 2019 - Downtown Ukiah Streetscape Project: Staff Report, Plans and Specs
- Nov 6, 2019 - Downtown Utility Upgrade: Staff Report, Plans and Specs
- May 9, 2019 - Downtown Ukiah Streetscape Project: Community Meeting
- May 2, 2019 - Downtown Ukiah Streetscape Project: Business & Property Owners' Meeting
- Apr 23, 2019 - Downtown Ukiah Streetscape Project: Press Release
- Feb 20, 2019 - Downtown Ukiah Streetscape Project: History and Status Update Report
- December 2015 - Downtown Ukiah Streetscape Project: Update
- March 16, 2015 - Letter from the City Manager
- July 15, 2008 - Public Workshop Results
Meet the Ukiah Streetscape Teams
The City Streetscape Team: The City of Ukiah Streetscape Team includes the City Engineer, Electrical and Public Works Departments, the City Project Manager, Inspectors, and the City Manager’s Office. Collectively the team brings extensive knowledge, experience, and leadership to the Streetscape Project. Each year the City of Ukiah teams, under the direction of the City Manager, successfully manage a $90-million-dollar budget to implement a full range of services within the City including police and fire protection, utilities, parks and recreation, transportation and infrastructure, and economic and community development.
The Design Engineers and Project Managers: GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. GHD has partnered with the City on more than five major projects, including the Airport Park Boulevard/Talmage- Hwy 101 interchange improvements. They are also the firm behind the streetscape of Historic Downtown Petaluma. Some of the awards received for their work include the American Society of Civic Engineer’s Roadway and Highway Project of the Year and the American Council of Engineering Company’s Engineering Excellence Honor. For more information about GHD you can visit www.ghd.com.
The Design Planners: WRT is a team of planners, urban designers, architects, and landscape architects. Their expertise is in designing places that enhance the natural and social environment. Locally, their work can be seen in the development of Windsor’s Town Green. For more information about WRT visit www.wrtdesign.com.
The Utility Contractors: Wahlund Construction, Inc. (WCI) is a Eureka, California based general engineering and general infrastructure contractor with over 35 years of experience including residential, commercial, industrial and municipal construction. WCI specializes in the construction of large water, wastewater and storm water improvement projects. With a crew of highly skilled union laborers and operators, Wahlund Construction is known throughout the region for attention to detail, high quality work, and a reputation for integrity. With multiple design engineers on staff, Wahlund Construction has the value engineering ability that is not typical with other general contractors.
The Streetscape Contractors: Ghilotti Construction Company is a leader in the heavy construction industry with operations throughout Northern California. Ghilotti Construction Company has significant experience with highway and public works construction projects, and has most recently partnered with the City of Ukiah on the Airport Park Boulevard/Talmage-Hwy 101 interchange improvements. Several of the company’s many other achievements include Marin County Civic Center, the 49ers Stadium in Santa Clara, the San Francisco International Airport runway expansion, and Graton Rancheria Resort and Casino in Rohnert Park. For more information about Ghilotti Construction Company visit www.ghilotti.com.