- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Polices & Procedures
- Employment Process
- Exceptional Employees Program
- Human Resources Department
- Job Descriptions
- Job Opportunities
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU’s)
- Personnel Rules & Regulations
- Public Comments
- Salary Schedules
- State Controller’s Local Government Compensation Reports
Planning & Community Dev
Successor Agency/ Oversight Board
City of Ukiah offers expedited building permits for small residential roof-top solar energy systems.
With the Governor’s recent call for California to use more renewable energy, the City of Ukiah is making it easier to install small residential solar energy systems by offering an expedited process. Through our streamlined solar permitting process, home owners and contractors are able to apply for residential solar installation permits on Wednesday afternoons and receive approval typically in the same day.
The Community Development Department has been instrumental in bringing this added feature to the Ukiah community. Installation is expected to increase as the permit process becomes easier and as more consumers embrace the idea of energy-efficient homes and businesses.
The streamline permit process only applies to one and two family dwelling systems with a maximum power output of 10 kW or less.
Streamlining the permit process for solar energy system installation will encourage the effective development of solar technology and minimize the obstacles and permit costs for installation. It also coincides with the state’s climate change action plan, which is encouraging the use of solar and other renewable sources of energy to improve air quality.
To learn more about solar and clean energy, visit the Center for Sustainable Energy
To get started with the permit process, see the forms below:
- Submittal Requirements Bulletin for Residential Solar Photovoltaic Installations 10kW or Less
- Expediting Checklist for Residential Solar Photovoltaic Permitting 10kW or Less