Fire (Ukiah Valley Fire Authority)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Polices & Procedures
- Employment Process
- Exceptional Employees Program
- Human Resources Department
- Job Descriptions
- Job Opportunities
- Memorandum of Understandings (MOU’s)
- Personnel Rules & Regulations
- Public Comments
- Salary Schedules By Bargaining Unit
- State Controller’s Local Government Compensation Reports
Successor Agency/ Oversight Board
- City of Ukiah Employment Applications are accepted for open position only.
- All applicants must submit an official City of Ukiah Employment Application, along with any other required documents/supplemental questions listed on the job announcement.
- A separate application is required for each open position.
- Resumes are encouraged, but are not accepted in lieu of an official City of Ukiah Employment Application.
Obtain at Application at:
City of Ukiah
300 Seminary Ave
Ukiah, CA 95482
7:30 am – 5:00 pm
Monday – Thursday
Applications and any required documents listed in the job announcement must be received by the Human Resources Department by 5:00 p.m. on the final closing date. Final closing date postmarks will not be accepted.
Please note – The position title that is entered on the top of the application must match the title of the job announcement for the open position. Incomplete or unsigned applications will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed by a screening committee to evaluate the qualifications of each candidate. Those applications whose qualifications demonstrate the most directly related experience and/or training will be invited to take part in a competitive testing process. This process may include a variety of techniques, which may include written, oral, and/or practical performance examinations. All applicants will receive notification of the results of the screening process.
After the testing process is completed, an Eligibility List will be established by ranking candidates by their overall score and a selection will be made from the candidates on the list. An offer of employment is contingent upon:
- Successful completion of a thorough reference and background check
- Department of Justice fingerprint clearance
- Completion of a pre-employment physical examination, including drug screen for public safety and safety sensitive positions
- Verification of citizenship or legal right to work in the United States, as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1985 (ICRA)
Equal Employment Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation:
The City of Ukiah is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or marital status…
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if special accommodations are necessary at any stage of the testing process, please notify the Human Resources Department in advance at (707) 463-6272 so your request may be reviewed prior to the occurrence of testing.