Fire (Ukiah Valley Fire Authority)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Polices & Procedures
- Employment Process
- Exceptional Employees Program
- Human Resources Department
- Job Descriptions
- Job Opportunities
- Memorandums of Understanding (MOU’s)
- Personnel Rules & Regulations
- Public Comments
- Salary Schedules by Bargaining Unit
- State Controller’s Local Government Compensation Reports
Office of Emergency Management
Successor Agency/ Oversight Board
Exceptional Employees Program
The true heart of this organization is the employees. Every day, I see and hear about team members who are doing outstanding work —who truly embody these core values. This program gives us a way to provide the recognition that those individuals and teams deserve.
Sage Sangiacomo, City Manager
The City of Ukiah prioritizes the retention and attraction of outstanding employees and recognizes their role in our goal of providing exceptional customer service. The Exceptional Employees Program, through a nomination process, recognizes and awards those employees or teams of employees who have truly gone above and beyond.
Once each quarter, nominations will be considered from the categories of field crews, public safety, and administration. One employee or team from each category may be selected to receive:
- Photo and reason for award on the Wall of Excellence
- Presentation and Certificate of Recognition from the Ukiah City Council at a regularly scheduled meeting
- Announcement at the All-Employee Breakfast
- Announcement in the City Manager’s all-employee email
We demonstrate professionalism through proficiency, reliability, and our drive to make opportunities happen.
- We strive to promote trust and confidence by being respectful, truthful, open and compassionate in everything we do.
- We are dedicated to continuous improvement and professional growth.
- We embrace our professional and social responsibility to our community.
We inspire confidence in our organization and our team members by consistently providing exceptional service.
- We meet the needs of a diverse community through dynamic, creative, and thoughtful service.
- We achieve tangible results through eagerness to find solutions and provide service.
- We are accountable for our actions and take ownership of our deeds.
We believe in creating an environment that fosters teamwork and processes that support equal opportunity, collaboration, and commitment to common goals.
- We inspire everyone to make a difference and celebrate success by valuing and recognizing each contribution.
- We believe that open, honest communication builds trust, which is the foundation of any relationship—whether it’s with our employees or our community.
- We maintain a positive and engaging atmosphere where balance and fun are valued.
We work to discover practical solutions, challenge prevailing assumptions, and create new ideas that prove useful.
- We are actively engaged in seeking strategic solutions and partnerships that will more effectively serve our community and our team members.
- We foster a culture of innovation that balances creativity with responsibility and sustainability.
- We are open to change and support and encourage suggestions from employees and the community.
We strive to keep our community and our workplace safe and healthy.
- We ensure the vital needs of our community are met through the protection of each other, the environment, and our assets.
- We foster a healthy community by ensuring accessibility and high quality programs and services for our citizens.
- We ensure the safety of our team-members and are well-prepared for emergencies through effective and ongoing training and education.
Criteria for awards reflect the City of Ukiah’s core values:
Professionalism, Service, Teamwork, Innovation, & Safety
- Exhibited excellence to public service and to serving the City of Ukiah’s businesses, customers and/or workforce; should be evidenced by communication skills, problem solving, customer focus, and such people metrics as responsiveness, helpfulness, knowledge, courtesy and accessibility.
- Sustained excellence in productivity and consistent quality of work.
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative above and beyond the normal performance of responsibilities.
- Outstanding participation in the development of a program that has benefitted the City (new procedure or process which effectively increased efficiency in operations, public service, or improves cost savings).
- Displayed outstanding leadership qualities through teamwork, promoting employee morale and cooperation and respectful treatment of others.
Any employee or member of the public can make nominations by completing an award nomination form, available at each worksite, in the Civic Center break room, and from the “Nomination Form” link at the top of this page.
Employees must meet the following criteria:
- Completed probationary employment period
- Full and part-time employees are eligible
- Attained satisfactory performance evaluation at time of nomination
- No disciplinary actions on file in official personnel file within the preceding twelve (12) months
- Must not have received an award within the last two (2) years
The selection committee shall be comprised of the City Manager and at least three other designees.